Gunnar Rø - intro

Hi,

I work as a statistician and mathematical modeler at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health(NIPH). Before working on infectious disease, I did a PhD in theoretical particle physics at Durham University and worked for some years on the IT-infrastructure side of various public health surveillance projects with the WHO. I finished an Msc in epidemiology focusing on forecasting of Ebola in the autumn before the pandemic started.

During the pandemic, I was a part of the covid-19 modelling group at NIPH and we did both situational awareness modelling (estimation of reproduction numbers and short term forecasting) and scenario analysis for risk evaluation and vaccine prioritization.

I am very interested in seeing how the approach in the epinowcast package could be used for our daily surveillance of covid-19 and other respiratory infections.

1 Like

You also went to Durham, I don’t meet many others how fun.

I hadn’t realised you’d worked on the IT side, very cool. Have you seen the discussion post from @adrianlison about database design issues (perhaps we discussed this already) - might be of interest.

Yess, the discussion on DB design etc. is now ported to the epinowcast community here!